Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29, 2009

The past few months have been very difficult. After 2 failed IVF cycles, my husband went into a depression. He was off from work for 2 months. I did my best to be supportive, but was struggling to keep myself emotionally balanced.

It was after my 2nd IVF cycle that the doctor mentioned that I have premature ovarian aging (POA). Although I was 33 for my 1st cycle, my ovaries looked like that of a 43 year old woman. We were devasted with the news, especially since I miscarried after 6 weeks with my first IVF cycle.

There are times when we ask why! Why did we wait so long to try IVF... to make a long story short... below was our time line

Married at age 28
Started journey for a family at 29
Found out husband had low sperm count at 30
I went for screening and all my tests appeared fine.
Husband went through 2 surgical procedures to fix varicocele. Completed when I was 32.
Varicocele did not fix low sperm count. Debated over IVF route, tried IUI twice.
First IVF at 33.
2nd IVF at 34. I found out about having POA.
Now considering using donor eggs and how I would "tell" my future child.

No comments:

Post a Comment